Thursday, October 10, 2019

Statement of Purpose for the Masters Degree

Statement of purpose for the Masters Degree The information included herewith in my writing would elaborate on the reasons that motivate me to study at the University of Reading, prestigious Henley business school, and will further elaborate the causes for the selection of the specific path of study. Further in the latter part of my discussion I would like to explain the reasons for me to apply for a scholarship at the benevolence of a sponsor.Having earned a BSc (Accounting) Special (Hons) degree with a first class standing from University of Sri Jayewardenepura which is reputed as the faculty with the highest demand for management study in Sri Lanka and earning continuous professional development in PricewaterhouseCoopers for over three years, initially at a trainee level and then as a Senior Associate, I have shown an overwhelming interest on the field of financial reporting.The performance grades earned by me in PwC is fascinating since I was rated as â€Å"1† once and â⠂¬Å"2† twice, which denotes â€Å"Outstanding† and â€Å"Exceeding expectations† respectively, being the only one in the peer group to make such an achievement and these ratings consolidated my position further as a resource person in PwC on financial reporting and assurance services. I believe both the professional experience excellence and the academic excellence on the field of accounting and financial reporting have raised a knowledge hungry, enthusiastic to learn individual.Along with the real accounting problems faced by companies, learning advanced Accounting theory from reputed professors in Sri Lanka, enhanced my skills on the practice and sharpened me with my ability to think accounting problems in the practical context. Further to that, presentation skill was enhanced during the course of study and training and during the learning and development sessions held by PwC. Further to the above I pursued Chartered Accountancy professional course conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka and in pursue I won four prizes in all first three levels.This made me to be ranked among one of the very few achievers in Sri Lankan history on both the professional and academic qualifications. Currently I am pursuing the final level of the said course. The prizes (Highest Marks in the country for the exam) I won include Foundation level quantitative methods for decision making and second in Order of Merit for overall performance. In the intermediate level I won the prize of Second in Order of Merit for overall performance in that exam. Then I won the prize for excellence in business systems in the Final-1 level exam.These achievements coupled with the very special achievement that I was 8th in the island (Sri Lanka) in Advanced Level examination held in 2006 made me a prospective resource person in Sri Lanka in the field of financial reporting, and depicted the special interest shown by me on the specific sphere from the childh ood. Having seen the caliber of certain academics and professionals in the field of accounting and financial reporting I believe I have to further learn sophisticated areas on these subjects.One of the reasons I want to study further is to reach at least the same level of intuitiveness and panoramic view of the subject as my teachers and the professionals I have met have developed. However all these achievements were made by me in spite of very many economic difficulties since my family’s bread earner is only my father who is a retired lowest level government servant (His designation was Village Officer).I have a brother who still studies in the school for his A/L s and I worked in part time jobs during my all the time said achievements were made by me. I am a hard-working and determined person, and I am ready for a new leap in my business career. I am solely in a quest towards more knowledge and excellent competitive learning environment, with state of the art facilities. Th e only reasonable decision for me was to aim for such a place. All this gives me the motivation to apply to University of Reading, Henley Business School.

No comments:

Post a Comment